This is a wonderful recipe and saw this on the Dr. Sebi Recipe Group. The woman who created this was a genius. She used a tortilla press to form the tortillas from the dough. I guess you could roll the dough out but this is a simple and enjoyable way to enjoy the authenticity of Mexican tortillas.
Now I have suggested adding ground black seeds to this recipe as we know it is healthier.
Ingredients for the Tortillas.
- 1 cup chickpea flour,
- 1-1/2 cup of spelt flour,
- sea salt,
- 2 tbsp coconut oil,
- Chopped herbs of choice (dill or black seeds or oregano)
- and a little spring water.
- Divide the dough into balls and them use my machine to flatten them.
- Spray a large hot cast iron skillet (preferred) with a bit of oil and cook the tortillas on each side. Yummo.
For the healthy toppings - she used sea salt, oregano, onion powder, shallots, ginger powder, achiote, coriander, walnuts, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and onions for the mock meat.
I would suggest adding in more greens here such as spinach baby leaves. Either way when you add a side of strawberries like she has done, you have a wonderful meal.